Poisonous mushrooms in Norway

Norwegian health authorities have published a brochure on 
poisonous mushrooms in Norway 
in several languages. 
Though laudable, it was high time the authorities acted on the high incidence of mushroom poisoning among foragers in Norway 
who do not read Norwegian.
In 2010, half of those who suffered from mushroom poisoning in Norway were foreigners/immigrants.

More images of poisonous mushrooms in Norway. 

A general rule of thumb:
DO NOT EAT MUSHROOMS WHICH ARE COMPLETELY 
WHITE OR BROWN. 

Check these new brochures in English and Norwegian about edible and poisonous mushrooms in Norway.

Advertisements